Barista T Plus | Coffee Machine | Ascaso
Barista T Plus | Coffee Machine | Ascaso
Free local delivery above $60 for coffee beans purchase.
$5 flat fee for local delivery for coffee beans purchase below $60.
Free local delivery and installation for all coffee Machine and grinder purchases.
The estimated delivery time is 2 to 5 business days.
For Coffee Beans will take shorter days to process.
For Coffee Machines will take longer days to process.
Interested in commercial use, you may want to enquire through Contact Us
- Dimensions (mm) - 700/475/535
- Boiler power (230 V) - 3500W 50-60Hz
- Coffee groups power (W) - 1000 x 2
- Weight (kg) - 71
- Boiler capacity (L) - 8
- Steam - 2
- Hot Water Outlet - 1
A product incorporating latest-generation technology. Multi-group. Complete PID control. Highly energy efficient.
From E-61 technology to T
A reappraisal of tradition. Sustainable engineering.
First, society changes. Neither manufacturers nor engineers nor industrial engineers invent new needs. It is society that demands products that are more sustainable with improved energy efficiency, easier to use and longerlasting.
In these new times, it is the professional barista who demands innovative products without compromising the espresso’s.
At Ascaso, our team of engineers has spent years working to differentiate and perfect our espresso coffee machines. And this has led us to reappraise our approach to tradition. To ground our projects on sustainable engineering.
In the ‘60s, the development of the E-61 group brought innovation to the espresso world. It was an instant success and became one of the most widely used systems in the history of espresso coffee Even today, many manufacturers still use it or work with its principles.
But, almost 60 years later, we needed to look for a new technology that addressed the shortcomings of the old.
Technology T & Stainless Steel
After the creation of our Big Dream model, in which we have changed a technical criterion used for more than 100 years (using stainless steel instead of copper and brass), we wanted to continue creating unique products. A product that would also mark a turning point in the industry.
Technology T, is a state-of-the-art multi-group technology. Engineering developed entirely by Ascaso. It offers great thermal stability with a high level of energy efficiency (low energy consumption) and clean and fresh water in each coffee.
Multi-group (separate) technology with PID control
High professional-grade performance: Thermal stability guaranteed (in continuous or intermittent use). High steam production (separate, high-volume boiler).
Freshly Delivered Water
Avoiding the use of standing, constantly reheated water to make the coffee. The water for each coffee comes directly from the mains supply, taking fresh, filtered water to the group. Without affecting the water's oxygen and improving the coffee's taste.
Minimal metal migration to the beverage through the use of stainless steel.
Complies with European regulation EN 16889
One of the T technology’s key goals was to reduce the machine’s energy consumption. We deliver a 50% average saving compared with a traditional machine and 25% compared with other multiboiler machines.
The details that define an outstanding result
High-quality materials and components
Manufactured in stainless steel for maximum sturdiness. These materials ensure our coffee machines have a longer useful life.
Ergonomic filter holder handle (Wood handle in T-Plus)
Thanks to its ergonomic design, it has a strong yet pleasant feel. It is tilted 10º for ease of use, while the horizontal placement of the filter holder in the delivery group ensures perfectly pressed coffee grounds.
Steam joystick (T-Plus)
The stick facilitates use and improves control. A smooth, intuitive ‘natural’ movement makes it easy to use and control.
Over-sized, innovative shape with a pleasant feel. Non-slip grip.
Steam and water wands
Made from AISI 316 stainless steel. The steam wand is anti-lime scale and remains cool to the touch, reducing the risk of contact burns.
Milk build-up is reduced to a minimum, making for easy cleaning.
Steam outlets. Special design. The rounded edges, the smooth lines and four tangential outlets all mean creamy coffee every time. 4 outlets 1,2mm (1,6 optional)
Powerful professional steam
Emulsifies the milk to the ideal point for perfect cappuccinos. Our large-capacity boilers, with their incredible thickness, offer greater steam production stability.
The large surface area keeps the cup at the ideal temperature for a perfect coffee.
Easy to clean with thin wire tray so as not to dirty the bottoms of the cups.
Stainless steel. Easily removed for cleaning.
High-precision dual pressure gauge
Double reading gauge. It allows to control at the same time the boiler pressure and the pump pressure.
Work area light
Look at the light!
Customization options. Send us your design!!!
Easy to dismantle. Designed for and by technicians.
Easy access to internal valves, pipes, solenoid valves, heating elements, pump regulators, etc.
The Barista includes a Tam-tamper: Professional aluminium coffee tamper (57 mm) designed by Marc Aranyó.
Thermal Stability System
The filtered and clean water enters the machine through the rotary pump at a certain pressure.
Enter the water/steam boiler through a U-shaped preheater tube (thick and 100% Aisi 316 L stainless steel), at network or ambient temperature. And it comes out hot without touching or altering the water in the water boiler. A very efficient system (no need to use any additional energy to preheat the water entering the groups).
Hot water (80º) will enter each thermodynamic coffee group.
The coffee group (see technology group T) and the algorithm established in the electronic exchange, guarantee a great thermal stability of the water at the exit of the group (+ - 0.5ºC). Both in situations of continuous or timely consumption.
And all this without constantly reheating the water or having saturated groups of water. Clean water in each coffee at a constant temperature. With a much more efficient and sustainable technology.
- Multi-group (separate) technology with PID control.
- Minimal metal migration to the beverage through the use of stainless steel.
- Freshly Delivered Water.
- Energy efficiency.
We guarantee a saving 50% compared to a single boiler traditional coffee machine.
- Use of electronically controlled thermoblocks focused on conserving energy by heating the extraction water only.
- Electronic temperature management. The heating element only operates when necessary and only for as long as required. It allows ‘smart’ control, with a much lower energy consumption than other systems on the market.
- PID Control in all the coffee boilers and the steam boiler. Featuring electronic thermostats that are much more precise and act much faster than the traditional mechanical pressure gauge system.
- The Multi-Group System means that power is only used by the part of the machine in use at any time. Each group can be turned off or on independently.
- Thermal lagging made from high-tech material for coffee and steam boilers. Notably increases the quality of the coffee machine and the energy-efficient.
Reducing the energy consumption of our coffee machines has been a priority goal for the last 10 years. The result of this process is the creation of our own technology, in a sector that primarily uses technologies from 60 years or 20 years ago, as in the case of the most popular and modern multi-boiler technologies.
We want to make public our result and, we hope, that many other manufacturers will follow this path. The result obtained, available to our clients, is based on the European protocol and is carried out by a prestigious and independent laboratory.
A step beyond the European Standards
It would be advisable to publish the actual consumption of professional coffee machines, which is based on the European standard DIN 18873 - 2: 2016. It is a sign of transparency that fosters the consumer and the energy transition, but we believe that this data does not reflect consumption in real conditions.
How is it tested according to official protocol?
- New machines are tested under laboratory conditions. In reality, after a period of use, copper boiler machines accumulate a large amount of lime, causing an increase in energy consumption when in use. This does not happen in stainless-steel boilers of Ascaso coffee machines.
- It is not considered that a group/ groups and the boiler cannot be turned off in a mono-boiler machine, which is indeed feasible with our T technology resulting in the corresponding energy savings.
- Time required to activate or switch on the coffee group is not evaluated either. Ascaso's T technology enables a group to be activated when it is completely switched off in 1 minute. It is a unique design in the world.
European regulations foster that all manufacturers have the same protocol to measure energy consumption, but considering the tests carried out and the methodology, it does not accurately reflect efficiency and performance. In real working conditions, our technology and materials improve the data obtained according to the official protocol of European Standards.
Energy savings = Economic savings
The energy consumption of a professional coffee machine is high. Also it is its hours of use. Consequently, financial savings are also important.
‘We should remember that when the point of contact between the product and the people becomes a point of friction, then the designer has failed. On the other hand, if people are made safer, more comfortable, more eager to purchase, more efficient – or just plain happier – by contact with the product, then the designer has succeeded.’
Designing for People
Keeping baristas happy
In the espresso world, when we talk about ergonomics we mean the optimization of the design of the coffee machine so the professional barista can work in the utmost comfort. Basically, what we are looking for is that the barista can perform his ‘choreography’ smoothly, comfortably and happily.
Based on structured data collection, we have designed our machine in line with the different ergonomic parameters demanded by baristas to ensure that their relationship with the Barista T is a joyous one. The essential elements have been devised and designed so that the creation of an espresso coffee and its specific choreography take place in the most comfortable possible circumstances for the professional barista.
Keeping technicians happy
The machine has been designed primarily from the point of view of the barista, but we also took the technician’s perspective very much into account.
This is a nice product to repair! It is easy to dismantle with standard tools. It has very few screws and the components are easily accessible. There is plenty of space to carry out repairs with complete assurance.
This is a key factor to consider in a high quality product.
Good design presupposes that the product can be dismantled and repaired with ease. The idea is that it will last for years and years.
It is a matter of quality, productivity and also sustainability.
We have worked on this component by component.
- Easy access. By just taking out a few screws you have access to all the components: Solenoid valves, heating elements… everything inside the machine.
- Internal valves. We have installed valves to facilitate the machine’s repair either on site or in a workshop.
- Steam wands. Very easy to dismantle. Easy to clean.
- External pump regulation. Easy access
- Electrical and electronic components protected and insulated from heat sources (boilers). Independent, unified electronic section. Easy access for repairs. The use of insulating material for boilers guarantees a ‘cool’ interior temperature and lengthens the lifespan of all the components, avoiding the need for repairs.
Download Barista T Plus Brochure